Friend, would you like to know how to have a right relationship with God and to know for certain that you will go to heaven when you die? The only place to find the answer to this question is in the Bible. Here is what you need to know to be saved.
1. Yes you can be sure. “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” (1 John 5:13)
2. We must be “born again”. “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3)
3. Heaven – It’s a free gift and is not earned or deserved. “For by grace are ye saved through faith, that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest anyone should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9) “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) – If a person could earn his way to heaven, then it would not be a gift.
4. Man is a Sinner and Cannot Save Himself. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23) “But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:2) – The punishment for sin is to be separated from God forever. Hell is a real place and you do not want to go there. (Luke 16:19-31)
5. God loved us and did not leave us without a way to be reconciled to himself. “Jesus saith unto him: I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14: 6) “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8) “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
6. Jesus took the punishment for our sin through his death on the cross. “For he hath made him [Jesus] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” (2 Corinthians 5:21) “But he [Jesus] was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:” (Isaiah 53:5)
7. Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for your sin. He was raised to life on the third day because death had no hold on him. The Apostle Paul said, “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures;” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
8. What must you do? The Bible says in Acts 16:31 ” Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.” Receive the gift of salvation from God by praying to God. Consider these steps: 1) Admit you are a sinner before Holy God. 2) Ask God to forgive you and to cover your sins by the blood of Jesus. 3) Openly confess the truth as you believe it in your heart. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:9-10, 13) Whereas salvation is by grace through faith alone, repentance of sin is a part of the work of God in our life coupled with a willful act on our part to leave sinful behavior. Repentance alone will not save you. Repentance with turning to and trusting in and obeying Jesus will save you. Romans 2:4 says,”...the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance.” Many times Jesus spoke of repentance. Here are a few: (Matt. 9:13) “For I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” (Luke 13:3) “I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 15:10) “Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.” (Luke 24:47) “And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.” Sin is of the Devil. Sin gives place in your life for the Devil. Jesus came to destroy the works of the Devil.
9. Speak to God if you want to take him up on his offer of forgiveness of sin and eternal life through faith in Jesus. This is what is called prayer. I am available to pray with you to break free of any demonic strong holds in your life. This is called deliverance.
If this is your prayer, contact me through email because I would like to pray with you and help you with this exciting and very important decision in your life.
May God Bless you.
(1 Corinthians 15:58)